Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Corn on the Cob

Corn is not really one of my favored vegetables.  I think of it as a "nothing" kind of vegetable because it kind of does "not a lot" for you.  I love popcorn, homemade of course..none of that microwave junk for me.  But, I could go the entire rest of my life without eating canned or frozen corn and not be sad.  However, when fall rolls around, I find myself positively craving corn on the cob, roasted, grilled, oven baked, or boiled.  It doesn't really matter.  I do like roasted best, with lots of butter, salt, and pepper.  It must have something to do with football and the fair.  These are usually the only times I eat roasted corn but, oh, how I enjoy it when I do!!  If you notice someone roasting corn somewhere, let me know...I am so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment